There will be instances where you need to to only display the entries using table maintenance. Most common instance would be when there is a table maintenance transaction setup already but there is a new requirement to set it to display only. This can be done with minimum development effort by editing the GUI status of the table maintenance screen and removing the change function key.
These options will be removed from the maintenance view.
1. First step is to change the settings of the transaction to display.
2. Find the program name of the table maintenance: Eg: SAPLZTEST
3. Go to transaction SE41 and copy the GUI Status ESLG of program SAPLSVIM to your program with the same name.
4. Activate the copied GUI status.
5. Go to SE11->Change Mode->Table Maintenance Generator and choose the menu path environment-> modification->Events
6. Click on editor and SE41 transaction screen will be automatically displayed.
7. Remove the function code AEND from the GUI status ESLG
Result would be as below. Option of changing the data would be deactivated.