There will be instances where you need to to only display the entries using table maintenance. Most common instance would be when there is a table maintenance transaction setup already but there is a new requirement to set it to display only. This can be done with minimum development effort by editing the GUI status of the table maintenance screen and removing the change function key.
These options will be removed from the maintenance view.
1. First step is to change the settings of the transaction to display.
2. Find the program name of the table maintenance: Eg: SAPLZTEST
3. Go to transaction SE41 and copy the GUI Status ESLG of program SAPLSVIM to your program with the same name.
4. Activate the copied GUI status.
5. Go to SE11->Change Mode->Table Maintenance Generator and choose the menu path environment-> modification->Events
6. Click on editor and SE41 transaction screen will be automatically displayed.
7. Remove the function code AEND from the GUI status ESLG
Result would be as below. Option of changing the data would be deactivated.
Hi, I am Isuru Fernando, Senior SAP Integration Consultant with 10 years of SAP full-cycle implementation and support project experience.
From the early days, I had a passion for coding, software development, and everything tech-related. I started my carrier as an ABAP developer and soon found my love for system integration when I learned SAP XI 3.0 in 2008. Playing a variety of roles from an offshore technical consultant (ABAP, PI/PO, BW, BOBJ) at the beginning of my career to a technical lead managing a team of consultants in different countries, I have gained immense experience in SAP project implementation life cycle.
Having the opportunity to work on SAP implementation projects in USA, EU, and Asia, I learned valuable ins and outs of global business processors in Sales and Distribution (SD), Material Management, Retail, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and Finance and Controlling (FICO).
Through this blog, I want to share my expertise in SAP technical areas such as SAP ABAP, PI/PO, AIF, and Basis. I also want to provide a platform for others with similar ambitions who would like to share their SAP technical expertise with the world!